Our client, an online personal styling service, is looking for Director, Digital Design to join their team.
The right candidate will be instrumental in elevating to companies digital brand expression, both in the US and throughout our overseas expansions. As a digital-native designer and design leader, the right candidate will possess a deep background including mobile and desktop web design, as well as visual product design. This role reports to the Creative Director, Brand Systems and Photo.
- Exercise creative leadership by driving, from conception to execution, industry-leading digital work that makes people around the world pay attention and engage.
- Actively contribute to our ongoing efforts to develop a branded, coherent, and innovative customer-centric experience across our web- and app-based products.
- Lead, mentor and grow our growing digital design team, working hand-in-hand with designers and copywriters to ensure our digital experiences are best in class.
- Ensure our product design work is held to a high degree of excellence and rigor with respect to our brand standards, contemporary approaches to compelling user-experiences, and the tenets of amazing information and graphic design.
- Be an integral member of the Creative & Marketing leadership team, helping us identify opportunities for innovative creative solutions to pressing business needs.
- Partner closely with product managers, product marketing, and creative leadership to define, inform, and prioritize the advancement and evolution of our digital brand experience.
- Stay ahead of emerging new media platforms and bring new thinking to our efforts to grow the brand.
- Own the establishment and production of standards, guidelines, and playbooks for internal and external digital partners.
- Contribute to the brand's aesthetic and overall visual and voice identity, connecting the dots between static and motion applications to ensure that every stage of the customer journey is exceptional and delightful.
- Experience developing and producing in the digital space with tenure at a digital company, advertising agency, or in-house creative environment focused on the digital consumer experience
- 5+ years of people management is ideal!
- Have extensive experience crafting branded product design systems
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Design, Digital Design or related field; MFA a plus
- Possess a strong online portfolio that demonstrates compelling creative direction, systems thinking, a rational design process, and production expertise across a variety of digital formats
- Digital native that is fueled by big ideas, driven by measurable results and who, overall, is a positive force who leads with inspiration and passion
- Desire to build human-centered digital experiences that amplify our brand storytelling while respecting the tenets of excellent user-experience design.
- Understand how brand and demand metrics influence experience design
- Comfortable leading an internal team, or partnering with an agency; and you are comfortable excelling at both the strategic and executional level
- Collaborative, inclusive and open to cross-functional creativity including product managers, UX designers, engineering, research & strategy, data science and brand teams along with our executive leadership team
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.