Onward Search has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Brand Marketing with our client, an award-winning, consumer technology brand located in San Francisco. As the Director of Brand Marketing, you will report to the VP, Marketing. Overall duties will revolve around marketing programming development and execution, business analysis, with an emphasis on project and people management, new product/market development and launch as well as incubating and growing existing products. This role requires a high level of collaboration across most departments, team leadership, and a commensurate level of diplomacy and organization.
This is a full-time opportunity located in San Francisco that kicks-off ASAP!
- Manage a team of two including: one brand manager and one social media manager.
- Oversee the development and execution of marketing programs and lead business analysis and project management.
- Lead the development of comprehensive commercial brand plans.
- Serve as the link between brand team’s workflow and executive/team approval via consistent and open communication and feedback from VP, Marketing.
- Develop a strong working relationship with Directors of Consumer Research, Activation, Channel marketing and Partnerships to ensure alignment and consistent communication across various timelines, projects, presentations, and workflow.
- Oversee the development of the monthly brand health trackers to forecast, track and analyze brand initiatives and performance to ensure we meet and/or exceed our performance metrics.
- Oversee the development and execution of “go to market” plans for launching new products and new states within an ever-changing regulatory environment.
- Deliver well-written project briefs, actionable calendars, and timely results reporting (including ROI analyses) for all projects and communicate all to internal stakeholders.
- Manage the overall relationship, onboarding and score-carding of media buying and creative agencies to deliver breakthrough creative for maximum brand recall and awareness via robust media spend.
Strategic Brand Plan Development and Execution: (65% time allocation)
- Partner with the Director, Consumer Insights to develop strong, differentiated, consumer-validated brand positioning that translates into break-through creative campaigns.
- Monitor brand health via primary and secondary consumer research and analytics.
- Lead the development and execution of brand plans including promotional, public relations, consumer marketing programs, media and influencers plans.
- Partner with the Director, Activation, and Training on dispensary channel programming via Field Marketing team and distributor incentive programs.
- Partner with the Director, Channel Marketing on the development of compelling channel programming, point of sale and merchandising materials to ensure they are on brand and drive consumer awareness and trial.
- Partner with the Director, Brand Partnerships to identify, initiate, structure, and negotiate high impact strategic partnerships that drive awareness, engagement, and loyalty.
- Oversee all brand projects, brand budgeting, manage budget reconciliation, prepare and present branded presentations to both internal and external audiences.
Commercial Strategy and Execution: (25% time allocation)
- Perform on-going business and competitive analyses and provide findings and recommendations for corrective action where appropriate.
- Strong ability to analyze price and product positioning vs. category.
- Knowledge and proven leadership with the sales team.
- Interaction with sales operations, sales force, and on occasion, key distributor personnel in support of sales efforts and execution of marketing programs.
Global Marketing Responsibilities: (10% time allocation)
- Lead development of the global marketing plans with the VP of Marketing.
- Define and orchestrate the right portfolio approach and prioritization and work international sales team to build tools to explain brand positioning when establishing in a new market and changing distribution in existing markets.
- 12-15 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- MBA preferred, but not required.
- A passion for and desire to be immersed in the cannabis business.
- New product development and execution experience.
- Excellent project management skills required.
- Ability to think strategically as well as tactically.
- Experience working successfully within a team environment.
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks and deadlines, and effectively prioritize and manage them; strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to analyze data, identify opportunities, and develop business plans that can scale to significantly build the business.
- Strong teamwork skills; ability to take ownership of projects and work with interdepartmental functions.
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, scan data experience preferred (IRI).
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Proven track record of developing and executing scalable marketing programs.
- Analytical. Must use analytical rigor and data to support recommendations (ROI and payback analyses, volume and spending projections) and build/track marketing budget.
- People leadership. Experience developing direct reports and helping them advance their careers within an organization.
- You have a network of creative, media and influencer agency partners.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.