We are seeking a Director of Cloud and DevOps to join our client for a Full-Time Permengagement. This position can be worked remotely EST Hours but will be expected to be onsite 1 or 2 days a quarter.
The person will have ownership and accountability of all cloud infrastructure solutions to meet our business needs in software and delivery. This is a "lead from the front” management role. You will lead the company's cloud infrastructure and DevOps team to meet its software development, product deployment & operation, and customer onboarding requirements. Your main responsibility is to lead a team that will architect, implement and operate a secure cloud infrastructure (mainly on AWS) with optimal performance and scalability, as well as information security (infosec) compliance.
You should be a hands-on manager who is excited about building and managing a DevOps team and Site Reliability team from the ground up in a fast-growing market leader.
- Overseeing all of the infrastructure management - data warehousing, production systems, business applications, databases, and cloud systems
- Architecting, implementing, and operating the company's cloud infrastructure with optimal design, performance, scalability, security, and high availability.
- Working closely and collaborating with the software engineering team and project management team to implement, deploy and operate the company's software product and services as part of the software development life cycle (sprints).
- Working closely and collaborating with system administration and security compliance team to implement, integrate and operate infosec controls and systems for infosec programs such as NIST CSF and Soc2
- Be the one responsible for the wellbeing and continuous improvement of the cloud infrastructure solutions and DevOps processes to meet business and software & delivery needs, including but not limited to: Evaluation, recommendation, and choice of cloud-based services/tools
- Design, review, and lead implementation of application deployments
- Lead a Devops and Site Reliability Engineering team
- Lead the response to production issues
- Day-to-day maintenance and operational support when needed such as troubleshooting or development hotfixes
- Improve technical operations processes and monitoring to address bugs quickly
Examples Of Projects And Tasks:
- Architect and lead the build of infrastructure for environments within AWS, using an Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) approach and change control/SDLC.
- Architect and lead the build of metrics/alerting for monitoring applications and infrastructure • Ensure continuous performance and security compliance as environments change
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 10+ years of experience in software development, cloud architecture and/or technical operations with 5 years’ experience in leadership role
- Understanding of overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Demonstrated experience managing a 24/7 response team
- Leadership experience with end-to-end information security practices, compliance requirements, data privacy, sovereignty and confidentiality practices, security testing and auditing, and rapid response procedures.
- Knowledge of technical, operational and cultural structures required to scale teams in a high-growth environment
- 4+ years of professional hands-on experience with AWS cloud services in a DevOps role
- Extensive experience working with or automating AWS services (RDS, S3, CloudWatch, etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes, ELK, and Terraform
- Experience with Bash and Python scripting
- Experience with CI/CD processes (preferably Bitbucket Pipelines, Gitlab CI, or GitHub Actions).
- 2+ years experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or Salt
- Working knowledge of Docker/containers
- Ability to work independently and collaborate well with architects, developers, DevOps, and the IT management team.
- Self-motivated and highly organized, analytical and result-oriented
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB