Currently looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer who has demonstrated senior-level technical skills in all areas of IT, thrives in start-up environments, and delivers world-class solutions at a rapid pace. The right candidate is ready to take on more leadership and management responsibility (1-3 reports). As Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will manage and grow the entire public/private cloud footprint while maintaining compliance with internal SLA metrics and industry regulations. You will be located in Charlotte and will support both the Charlotte and Greenwich offices with the need to travel to Greenwich, CT several times a year. Travel to data center locations in Atlanta, GA and Ashburn, VA is also expected a few times a year as needed. You will be responsible for the full security posture of the organization and will be expected to keep it up-to-date based on the latest threats. You should have a strong foundation to build an Information Security program that can protect IT assets as well as educate employees, users, and developers. We offer competitive pay, company-paid employee healthcare, 401k with company match, and a generous PTO plan.
- 8+ years of Infrastructure and Security experience, 2-4 at a senior level
- Linux server administration - RedHat/CentOS/Ubuntu
- Expert level administration and maintenance of VMware ESXi
- Willingness to move into a Leadership role.
- Experience with public/private cloud models
- 3+ years working with Microsoft’s Cloud Suite: Azure, Office 365, Teams, InTune, etc.
- Familiarity with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), preferably VMware Horizon or Citrix XenDesktop
- Experience managing and configuring servers, firewalls, networks
- Experience building a Disaster Recovery (DR) Infrastructure
- Familiarity with the principles of DevOps and a strong desire for delivering repeatable solutions through automation
- Strong Security background and ability to monitor and mitigate the latest threats and discuss the organization’s security posture in detail with customers, partners, and relevant third parties
Desired Technical Skills:
- Hedge Fund Industry Experience, Quant Preferred
- Demonstrates leadership and management skills as evidenced by team leadership for 2-4 years
- MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL Experience
- Exposure to Python Development and associated environments
- Experience with Puppet/Ansible/Chef or other DevOps automation tools
- Experience with Replication and Recovery tools such as Veeam
- Experience presenting and preparing documents for customers and executives
- Experience managing an outside Managed Service Provider (MSP)
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB