Onward Search is partnering with a leading extended warranty service provider in San Francisco to identify a Director of Public Relations with a B2B Focus.
You will be responsible for the strategy and execution of their public relations program, in addition to collaborating with their Senior Social Media Manager. You’ll work closely with leadership and stakeholders across the company.
- Strategize and execute an overarching public relations strategy that ladders up to business goals (primarily B2B)
- Run point on all PR campaigns that support brand and product initiatives
- Develop and execute thought leadership programs for leadership execs
- Proactively identify new opportunities and develop new programs to elevate the brand among current retail and carrier partners, potential new partners, media, and consumers
- Cultivate and manage relationships with top-tier business, consumer, and trade outlets
- Counsel internal stakeholders on proper expectations and external messaging
- Occasionally work with parent company on joint messaging/communication efforts
- Provide internal and external support to corporate partners in the US
- Manage US-based PR agency for support
- 8+ years of experience in driving communications strategies for tech-focused companies. In-house experience is a must, a combination of in-house and agency experience is great
- Strong previous experience with B2B/trade-focused PR/comms strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to quickly build rapport with senior management and provide proper counsel for external communications matters
- Experience managing external agencies
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management skills
- A proven track record for pitching and cultivating media relationships
- A strategic and thoughtful storyteller who is always thinking about the headline and correct target
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in communications, public relations, or journalism
Apply now to be considered!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.