Our client, a leader in the insurance industry, is looking for a Director of UI to join their team. This is a full-time position and looks to start ASAP. Must be local to NYC and comfortable going into the hybrid office environment.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with external design agencies and research partners to understand user needs and develop site maps, user flows, journeys, and personas.
- Build design strategies that align business and user needs and goals.
- Lead the translation of those goals and needs into wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, layouts, and UI elements.
- Establish clear goals and processes to enable consistent design deliveries within the organization.
- Create high fidelity design delivery and requirements and documentation that clearly illustrates the function and overall experience for implementation.
- Be a leader in design sprints as a part of the scaled agile process.
- Develop and test within Adobe Experience Manager.
- Create a digital design system to drive consistency across the organization.
- Mentor junior design team members and design agency partners.
- Lead presentation to internal teams and stakeholders.
- Subject matter expert to internal and external teams.
- 7+ years in UI design in desktop and mobile.
- 7+ years of experience in UX or Product design.
- Expert-level knowledge with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, ZeroHeight, Photoshop, Invision.
- Able to design web pages and design requirements for Adobe Experience Manager.
- In-depth knowledge and breadth of UI design principles.
- Experience working with design and production requirements in a heavily regulated industry.
- Ability to anticipate market issues related to design.
- High-level problem solver with a proven track record of developing creative solutions to address business problems.
- History of solving unique and complex problems.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven leader with a team-first mentality.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB