Our client, a leader in the educational space, is looking to add a Director of UX to their team. This person will work closely with various departments, including Product Management, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Marketing and Sales. The Director of Product Design reports to the Chief Product Officer.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring that the team delivers an amazing product experience to our customers
- Partner cross-functionally with Product, Research, QA and Engineering leadership to contribute to the vision, strategy, and product roadmap
- Supports the team in developing and growing overall vision and product strategy for product design projects, leading user experience and visual cohesion across multiple product lines and divisions
- Mentors the product design team on UX methodology, principles, and processes; including best practices for user research, validation, user testing, and other user-centered design procedures
- Implement design system and product design patterns across all product lines for a more unified product branding / look and feel
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce usable and intuitive user prototypes and interfaces for a variety of projects, from very large and conceptual to small, interaction-based design
- Design journey maps, navigation design, sitemaps, information architecture, wireframes, storyboards and prototypes
- Run design sprints, Hackathons, or other creative events to drive innovation in our product lines
- Estimates time and resourcing for new product design projects, and helps plan, facilitate, and execute project kickoffs, workshops, and design sprints
- Communicate design solutions to engineers and stakeholders
- Drive innovation through design
- Evolution of the incorporation of virtual manipulatives, video, audio, multimedia, learning games, etc.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- B.A.+ in UI | UX Design, Human-Centered Design, Product Design or related design experience required. Masters in Human-Centered Design or UX | UI Design preferred
- 8+ years of experience in a leading individual contributor role designing cross-channel user experiences
- 4+ years experience managing Product or Usability Design teams, ideally in a fast-growing company
- A strong command of contemporary design tools, particularly Adobe XD & Creative Cloud Suite
- Experience with user research such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing
- A systems thinker with creative problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving agile environment and collaborating with product managers, engineers, researchers, customer support teams, marketers, and more. You have experience iterating on your products post-launch based on user data about how your designs are performing
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB