Onward Search is looking for a Director, Private Destinations to work with one of our clients in the travel/hospitality industry located in Miami, FL! This person will have the opportunity to work with a "culture driven first" team for a known brand.
This person will lead & own all Private Destination efforts for the brand globally. This role will develop concepts that directly respond to consumer insights, understand the white space and competitive landscape to innovate and lead a cross-functional collaborative team (Marketing, Newbuild, Hotel Operations, Deployment, and Finance) to support the design and guest experience development as well as execution for multiple island destinations around the world.
- Lead a team of product development experts that oversee all aspects of concept development, design and customer experience development & execution while continually enhancing our existing products
- Develop the vision for Private Destinations by using Consumer Insights to bring forward the voice of the consumer and drive product innovation by creating concepts that directly respond to consumer desires/needs
- Provide leadership over the strategic direction for the brand. Partner and collaborate closely with key stakeholders from the various departments across the organization to understand how to adapt and evolve the strategy
- Build and develop, using critical thinking and concept, development skills of team members.
- Identify a clear short and long term roadmap for the development of the destinations they are strategically building, and effectively lead the team through complex timelines and deliverables.
- Strategically align with the Insights & Analytics team to guide the research that needs to be executed to inform concept development that will drive incremental profitability for the brand long term and improve the overall guest experience. Subsequently, analyze this data to influence and develop the product
- The lead brand development process for the department while working closely with Newbuild and OPS on concept & design development and the accurate execution of concepts to ensure innovation and authenticity are maximized. Guarantee product specifications created to enable a desirable and viable product for future guests.
- Create presentations showcasing the business environment, current product positioning, competitive landscape, insights and data findings to share recommendations with senior management
- Align on key product differentiators with Product Marketing Strategy to ensure buy-in and future marketability of department enabling a seamless Go-to-Market planning process leading to desired performance results
- Influence strategic deployment decisions to ensure destinations see optimal guest throughput to achieve the desired ROI
- Four-year Bachelor's or equivalent required; MBA preferred
- 10 + years industry related business analysis experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills and be able to work effectively with all levels of personnel
- Strong PC skills are required
- Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills required
- Advanced Access, Essbase, and BRIO are a PLUS
- Strong knowledge of the travel industry a PLUS
- Strong understanding of marketing principles to lead management on strategic initiatives and guide analysis
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop options and implement solutions
- Analytical: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and opportunities of alternative solutions and conclusions
- Presentation: Using computer skills and communication style to create, manipulate, edit and communicate slide presentations. Understanding end-state and the best way to present a story in a logical and analytical fashion to achieve desired results
- Negotiating and Persuasion: Bringing others together to try to reconcile differences and persuading others to your point of view
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are communicating and taking time to understand points being made
- Financial Modeling: Evaluating data, determining an optimal way to spend to accomplish company goals
Do not hesitate today if you are interested!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB