Our client, a broadcast company, is seeking a Director Retention Marketing to join the team.
You will report to the VP Growth Marketing and be responsible for:
- Seeking a leader in customer retention to join a growing direct-to-consumer team.
- Serve as a lead strategist and program owner, as an individual contributor, working across teams to develop, implement, and optimize churn mitigation initiatives across our subscription streaming services.
- Key to success will be a strong analytical & data-driven curiosity, along with the ability to build highly effective retention programs in partnership with cross-functional teams, including Product, Marketing, Customer Care & Network teams, including
- Develop strategies and business cases for new customer retention initiatives & program ownership for ongoing involuntary or voluntary churn mitigation strategies.
- Lead the ideation, development, execution and subsequent enhancements of reactive & proactive retention programs with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Prioritize opportunities for improvement; generate data-driven hypotheses that inform initiatives.
- Partner with Business Analytics and Digital Marketing teams on audience segmentation and insights briefs to determine underlying customer churn drivers and help evolve customer segmentation strategies.
- Forecast, track, analyze and communicate key retention metrics to key stakeholders.
- 3-5 years of experience working on dedicated consumer retention programs within a fast-paced consumer subscription-based business, targeting 7+ years total experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent required. MBA preferred.
- Digital consumer subscription model experience a must; experience with subscription streaming services a plus.
- Skill in managing churn & underlying performance metrics in a performance-driven environment.
- Hands-on experience with retention program management (either involuntary or voluntary churn).
- Strategic, creative problem solver able to articulate and defend proposed solutions.
- Excellent financial acumen and forecasting skills. Aptitude for measurement and performance accountability is required, as well as a demonstrated ability to analyze complex issues.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an ability to communicate both upward and cross-functionally.
- Possess intellectual curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Great at problem-solving, prioritizing and getting things done.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and in teams.
- Operate effectively in times of uncertainty and change.
- You think about the digital customer First.
- The successful candidate will be a subject matter expert in subscriber churn management and driving positive outcomes through both reactive & proactive retention strategies.
Does this sound like you apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.