Our client, a well-known health brand, is looking for a Full-Time Director of Visual Design to join their San Francisco team of director-level individual contributors, including a Design Researcher, Interaction Designer, Visual Designer, and Business Designer.
The Director of Visual Design will report to a Lead and should have experience working with a holistic system of consumer products & services related to cardiovascular health, diabetes, subscriptions, wearables, telemedicine, fitness & coaching programs, nutrition, etc.
- Lead visual design concepts & strategy including sketches and 3D industrial/product design
- Collaborate with team to develop solutions and create holistic experiences that solve real-world problems
- Apply diverse visual design methodologies, such as freehand drawing, typography, color theory, information design, 3D photorealistic rendering, and prototyping
- Participate in research to achieve a deep understanding of consumers' unmet needs together with the design researcher, based on behavioral design methodologies
- Collaborate with design researchers and interaction designers in translating those needs into real-world solution concepts
- Lead the design and production of all visual materials for investment pitches
- Create all required documentation towards delivery
- 7+ years of experience in diverse design spanning human-centered solutions, systems, services, products and processes for industries such as consumer goods, healthcare, and wellness
- Bachelor or Graduate degree in Visual Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design or related field
- A design portfolio showcasing original, high concepts with real-world feasibility
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Keynote, Google Docs, MS Office
- Excellent typography skills
- Proficiency with 3D software (SolidWorks, Rhino, Keyshot, Autodesk Alias or SketchUp)
- Strong knowledge of usability best practices
- Proven track record working in fast-paced human-centered design challenges
- Experienced in working with cross-functional teams that include designers and stakeholders on products that create the solutions to improve human life and health from emerging technologies to devices, digital therapeutics, and behavioral treatment methods
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work in SF office, sometimes remotely, and travel nationally & internationally on an as-needed basis
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB