Our client, a leading consumer products company, is seeking a long-term temp Editor for its global publishing team. This is a 10-month assignment that could extend.
The Editor is responsible for aligning and collaborating with teams within the company and licensees to ensure publishing content aligns with existing brand content strategies, in addition to developing new story/content ideas specific to the category. This role works closely with various teams to ensure feedback is provided to licensees on a timely basis.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review all publishing editorial and advise on story line direction from global publishers for existing and upcoming brands.
• Work to develop brand-specific story/content ideas considering target age, market, and audience appeal
• Align with internal content teams and publishing team on story direction across categories
• Provide tone and manner direction to licensees for each brand, for specific characters within the brands, and for overarching themes based on existing toys or entertainment content
• Work with creative and content teams to develop Publishing Guides for various properties
• Review, evaluate, and edit manuscript and other publishing submissions for brand, tone, voice, humor, accuracy and appropriateness
• Review editorial materials for internally created asset packs and guides
• Partner with internal stakeholders (such as Legal, Brand, Archives) for additional review when necessary
• Review approximately 50-60 magazine issues, 200 book titles per year
• On board publishing licensees as needed for brand/content/tone direction
• Participate in publisher calls and trips as needed
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & SKILLS
• Excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading and narrative skills
• Eye for detail and accuracy in work
• Strong visual communication skills and design aesthetics; experience working with Designers extremely helpful
• Ability to give clear and instructive direction, whether advising on overarching theme or specific nuances
• Excellent organizational and presentation skills
• Understanding of the business objectives related to design and publishing
• Adaptable and ability to work with many different disciplines is a must
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Experience working with licensing and/or children's publishing
• Excellent follow up, follow through and project mgmt. is a must
• Ability to tailor message/copy to different style and tones is a key to success
• Must be collaborative and a team player
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Effective communication skills: both written and spoken
Onward Search helps connect creative, marketing, and technology talent with top jobs at the nation's most recognized companies and digital agencies. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include freelance / contract, temp-to-perm, and permanent placement.