Our client, a top financial company located in Downtown LA is looking to hire an Editorial Specialist for a 6+ month assignment.
The Editorial Specialist is a key member of the marketing team and is responsible for reviewing a variety of marketing materials to ensure the highest quality deliverables. The Editorial Specialist will work with various internal groups to manage projects and ensure all tasks are scheduled and completed on time.
- Copyedits and proofreads print and electronic materials for clarity, grammar, accuracy, consistency, style and tone, as well as disclosure requirements. Verifies statistics and facts against internal and external sources. Recommends copyedits based on knowledge of target audience, as well as internal and external style guides.
- Updates and/or identifies changes to information in materials that require quarterly/annual updates, including, but not limited to, statistical information and changes in investment and risk disclosures. Utilizes appropriate tool(s) to ensure updates are displayed correctly on all appropriate web/digital pages. Copyedits and abridges content to fit sizing requirements as necessary. Ensures materials are error-free.
- Monitors, tracks and incorporates all compliance language updates to ensure materials comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Determines impact to existing materials when compliance language is added or changed. Understands and applies required disclosure language across all collateral and channels.
- Monitors existing copyediting tools and resources, including, but not limited to, the AP Stylebook and the Chicago Manual of Style, as well as a number of internal sites and systems. Stays informed of and incorporates style guide changes in content to ensure consistency of the tone and style of company communications.
- Assist writers with pulling data from a variety of systems to update statistical information.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrates sound judgment when resolving matters of moderate complexity.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong grammar and syntax skills.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of spelling, punctuation, grammar and style guides and ability to apply that knowledge to work assignments; follows Chicago and AP styles.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment and across broad, diverse groups; demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates ability to follow production schedules, track deliverables, solve problems and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational and multitasking skills; demonstrated ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of financial and investment concepts.
- Requires at least 3-5 years of copyediting experience.
- Experience in financial, pharmaceutical or medical environment is strongly preferred.
Does this sound like your skill set and experience? Apply today!
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.