Our client is looking to hire an Editorial Assistant for a 12+ month assignment. This person will be a key member of the Marketing team and will have experience or aptitude working with data - assessing, organizing, and quality-checking data.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Assist with data updates and markups on a variety of documents. This will require pulling data from several systems and sources. and organizing that data for record-keeping purposes.
- Collaborate with various internal groups to manage projects and ensure all tasks are scheduled and completed on time.
- Professional experience in finance or another data-intensive industry, or perhaps a minor or major in a quantitative/business discipline at college, is preferred.
- Updates and/or identifies changes to the information in materials that require quarterly/annual updates, including, but not limited to, statistical information and changes in investment and risk disclosures.
- Ensures materials are error-free by helping to fact-check marketing materials and statistical backup.
- Accesses various databases and systems to retrieve current data to update a variety of materials.
- Proofreads and fact-checks materials. Verifies statistics and facts against internal and external sources. Recommends edits based on knowledge of target audience and internal and external style guides.
- Compiles circulation comments from legal, business, marketing, and creative associates onto a master document.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong grammar and syntax skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and across broad, diverse groups; demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
- Strong production coordination skills, including following production schedules, tracking deliverables, problem-solving and escalating issues as appropriate
- Attention to detail; demonstrates an ability to multitask and stay organized, effectively manage an unpredictable workload, and meet established deadlines
- Working knowledge of financial and investment concepts and the ability to apply that knowledge to work assignments.
- 2-4 years of professional editing experience.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB