Onward Search has a client that is looking for an Editorial Manager. The ideal candidate should provide expertise in Site Merchandising to apply to the development, implementation, and improvement of action plans. Other duties include: collaborating with Business Vertical and Creative teams on messaging hierarchy and wire-framing to bring these new experiences to life; curating content and product for solutions pages; arranging strategic content partnerships to strengthen authority; and evaluating metrics, marketing insights and performance.
In addition to developing new shopping experiences for assigned categories, this role will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Registry, Shopping Lists and the Gifting experience. As the key business stakeholder, this role will work alongside Creative, Product, Engineering and Digital Store Operations to ensure the ongoing development of new functionalities and requirements are achieved.
• Manages the roadmap and day-to-day operations of the Registry and Lists, working collaboratively with partners to evaluate performance and make informed recommendations to the business goals of these services.
• Manages the execution of innovative online content/commerce experiences to communicate, engage, interact and, ultimately, to drive sales
• Partners with senior management to continually manage and refine the editorial point-of-view for digital store pages, marketing campaigns and new shopping experiences.
• Manages cross-functional stakeholder communications related to ecommerce experiences, to ensure initiatives are aligned with overall company calendars and strategies. .
• Promotes the continuous improvement of content/commerce integrations and executions.
• Advocates and creates business cases for the development of new interactive tools and other integrated content/commerce experiences in partnership with the Creative Director
• Collaborates with Partnership Marketing to monetize experiences by recommending and executing native solutions for supplier sponsorship campaigns and branded experiences.
• Customer-focused. Reviews customer-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes and supports associate efforts to exceed customer expectations.
• Able to make informed judgments. Identifies, reviews and applies policies and procedures utilizing data, A/B testing and expertise to set priorities and develop solutions that address problems.
• Plans and pursues team-based development. Coordinates and aligns planning with organizational initiatives and direction. Adjusts work plans and schedules as needed to achieve team objectives.
• Increases associate commitment and engagement. Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances within and outside of the organization.
• Manages ethics and compliance. Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethics in the workplace. Enforces compliance and administers appropriate organizational change initiatives.
• Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges and responsibilities and helps associates develop capabilities to implement changing initiatives.
• Supervises associates. Provides specific, honest, accurate and timely feedback on associate performance. Assigns tasks to associates that fit their skill levels and maximizes team performance. Uses people processes (performance management tool, etc.) to ensure effective associate performance. Recruits and hires associates needed to meet business requirements.
• Bachelor's degree or relevant equivalent merchandising/e-commerce experience
• 2-3 years experience managing large editorial content or ecommerce campaigns in an online creative or related digital field.
• 2+ years of working in/with Site Merchandising team
Apply now if interested!
Onward Search helps connect digital, creative and marketing talent with choice jobs at the nation's most recognized companies and digital agencies. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include contract, temp-to-perm, and permanent / executive search placement.