Our client, a top financial firm located in LOS ANGELES is looking to hire an EDITORIAL SPECIALIST for a long-term assignment. This person will be joining the marketing team and will be responsible for assisting with data updates and markups on a variety of documents. This will require pulling data from several systems and sources and organizing that data for record-keeping purposes. This role requires someone with aptitude and proficiency in working with numbers and quantitative data. Professional experience working in finance or another data-intensive industry.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- • Verifies statistics and facts against internal and external sources. Recommends copyedits based on knowledge of target audience, as well as internal and external style guides.
- Updates and/or identifies changes to the information in materials that require quarterly/annual updates, including, but not limited to, statistical information and changes in investment and risk disclosures. Ensures materials are error-free.
- Accesses various databases and systems to retrieve current data to update a variety of materials.
- Proofreads and fact-checks materials. Verifies statistics and facts against internal and external sources. Recommends edits based on knowledge of target audience and internal and external style guides.
- Compiles circulation comments from legal, business, marketing, and creative associates onto a master document.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- In-depth knowledge of spelling, punctuation, grammar, and style guides and ability to apply that knowledge to work assignments.
- Ability to follow production schedules, track deliverables, solve problems and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Working knowledge of financial and investment concepts and the ability to apply that knowledge to work assignments.
- 2-4 years of copyediting experience required
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB