Onward Search is hiring for a permanent role for an Email Marketing Manager in Charlotte, NC!
In this role, you will partner under the VP of Digital Marketing, lead other parts of eComm, digital, marketing and the like in email best practices.
This role will manage multi-layered direct to consumer and B2B email marketing programs and related systems. You will set the strategic direction of the email marketing application(s) while maintaining the integrity of all associated data elements. This roll will have an intimate understanding of email marketing best practices to be competitive in our national market.
This role will work closely with organization stakeholders and cross-functional leaders including members from: Brand Communications, IT, Sales, Social Media and Product teams. Work alongside VPs to leverage guest insights and behaviors to form holistic innovative marketing and communications strategies and tactics. The role will aid in development of CRM roadmaps for both consumer and business customer segments, managing specific aspects and integrations.
MAJOR ROLES FOR EMAIL MARKETING SPECIALIST:
- Acting business owner for all business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) email strategy & communication
- Lead the planning, scheduling, promotion strategies, creative direction and communication hierarchy for all email programs, both promotional and transactional in nature
- Direct responsibility for revenue generation from email marketing efforts, through the development of persuasive messages and tactics that drive desired behaviors
- Oversee all aspects of the email marketing system to include integrations, maintenance, optimization, upgrades, data cleansing and management
- Develop segmented communication strategies to maximize annual spend, retention, frequency and loyalty
- Proactively assist the organization in realizing the full value of the email marketing program and look for opportunities to realize a return on investments to include but not limited to increase the productivity of a company's employees, re-engineer business processes to improve efficiencies, leverage automation, etc.
- Contribute to the strategic direction on the use of the CRM application with the Enterprise
- Understand and leverage aspects of the CRM system with email and promotions to include integration, maintenance and optimization, upgrades, data cleansing and management, ISV solutions, systems administration, security, etc.
- Proactively assist the organization in CRM application and look for opportunities to realize a return on the investment to include but not limited to increase the productivity of a company's employees, re-engineer business processes to improve efficiencies, leverage automation, etc.
- Evaluate proposed investments and forecasted returns for new initiatives; design business cases for approval by Senior Management
- Provide leadership direction to teams with various email-related projects in various roles to include project planning, project management, testing, quality assurance, requirements gathering, and more
- Create analytics processes to understand consumer and business participant insights to track guest behaviors and program engagement
- Manage the creation and maintenance of reporting dashboards and program reports to inform all levels of the organization on the performance of all email related programs and strategies.
- Monitor and influence KPIs of key initiatives through consistent optimization and embracement of an “always on” test & learn mindset.
- Create customer segment level contact plans and customer experience maps
- Manage email marketing program, developing contact strategies and partnering with functional areas for the creation of content and creative
- Experience in configuration of email marketing applications, with a preference for IBM Marketing Cloud (formerly SilverPop)
- Extensive experience with data and analytics and leveraging analytics to plan and drive sales and marketing efforts
- Experience with understanding interfaces between CRM and ESP Systems
- Experience working across and influencing cross-functional teams including IT, Marketing disciplines, vendors/consultants and ideally also multiple global regions
- Strong interpersonal, partnership and influence management skills
- Superb project management expertise including excellent multi-tasking, prioritization and organization skills
- Comfort within a fast-changing environment
- Hands-on, results-driven mentality
- 5+ years of experience in core disciplines of Marketing (e.g. segmentation, digital marketing channels, email marketing, customer engagement and loyalty program, etc.), CRM experience a plus
- 4+ years email marketing experience
- BA in Business or Marketing field, or related experience
APPLY TODAY TO SPEAK WITH A RECRUITER TO LEARN MORE!!!
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.