*Note: During this unprecedented time, we are looking for individuals who are able and willing to work from home until all restrictions have been lifted in relation to COVID-19. At such time, the preference for this position will be on site, but careful consideration will be given to well qualified candidates.
- Execute well on the most challenging tasks ranging from advanced system architecture and implementation, memory issues, crash debugging, optimization, and more
- Create and enhance core technologies across multiple platforms to realize the vision for our games
- Analyze and improve performance across all target platforms
- Identify opportunities for additions and modifications to the existing engine
- Maintain existing codebase and support the wider development team in diagnosing and solving problems with efficient, well architected solutions
- Improve game performance through profiling, optimizing code, and communicating findings and guidance with rest of team
- Work on other tools and technology to enhance game features
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Minimum 5 years game industry experience with 1+ shipped titles
- Excellent C++ programming and systems design skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an emphasis on debugging C++ code
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills
- Analytical skills geared towards the measurement of system performance, memory use etc., plus the communication skills needed to generate solutions
- Ability to collaborate positively with other departments across the team
- Recent console development experience with PS4 and XB1
Preference to applicants with:
- A passion for video games
- Significant Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Experience using graphics APIs such as DirectX or Vulkan
- Console development experience with (PS5, Series X, Switch)
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB