We are seeking an Engineering Manager to join our client Remotely for a Full time PERM engagement.
The Technical Manager will facilitate all software engineering activities leveraging our established SCRUM methodology. They will be responsible for day-to-day activities and sprint-to-sprint planning based on a product roadmap. They will also be responsible for the growth of the team, including individual contributor career growth.
- Monitor, drive and facilitate growth of your team’s individual contributors
- Actively monitor product roadmap and timelines to match staff availability ensuring timely delivery of team commitments.
- Manage development and maintenance of SaaS software products, including legacy web applications, modern React / Node.js platforms, browser extensions, and Electron applications.
- Manage SCRUM activities including facilitating sprint grooming, planning, daily huddles. Report status and timelines to senior and executive management.
- Work with Product Management and cross functional teams to provide technical solutions, resources, and timeline estimates
- Mentor team members by sharing your technical expertise, through direct coaching, and by enhancing our collaborative team culture.
- 5+ years of experience successfully leading a team of software engineers
- 5+ years of experience of agile development in a lead role
- 5+ years of experience managing people
- Experience in a technical role
- Demonstratable proficiency in Jira
- Experience working in a "Product" organization
- Demonstrable "Full Stack" experience
- SCRUM Certification(s)
- Experience with specific technology stacks
- React / Material-UI
- Node.js / Express
- AWS Serverless Architecture
- AWS CodeBuild/CodePipeline
- Experience with Web Application Security / OWASP best practices.
- Experience with accessible web design including Section 508 and WCAG
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB