Our client, a software company located in Newark is looking to hire an Event Coordinator to join their team for a 12 month assignment, 40 hrs/wk. *This role requires up to 20% of traveling time.
This role provides trade show and event planning support to the Americas Region Sales and Marketing Teams and Business Groups.
You will be responsible for coordinating the important behind the scenes details for trade shows and internal sales conferences while learning about the events business at the same time.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organization and planning skills, attention to detail, and is ready to roll up their sleeves to execute event plans in a fast-paced hands-on work environment.
This role is for someone who thrives in a busy working environment on strategic projects, is highly organized, creative, enthusiastic and who wants to grow their career in the events world.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Drive the event planning process, manage and coordinate sales and marketing requirements through all phases: pre, during and post events
- Coordination of event logistics, including timelines, housing, registration and attendee tracking, presentation and graphics materials support and shipping
- Place orders with exhibit/hotel facility contractors and serve as the primary point of contact for audio visual, catering, internet, electrical, floorplans, furnishing and execution
- Provide on-site exhibit support and hands-on setup and teardown of events where travel is required
- Prepare manifests for inventory tracking and arrange event shipments with hands on packing and loading freight as needed
- Collaborate with vendors to order services and materials to be delivered accurately and timely to support events
- Process invoices; track event expenses to budgets
- Provide post show feedback and make recommendations for improvements
- Prior event planning experience a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Resourceful in strong problem solving and time management skills
- Roll-up your sleeves attitude ready to embrace putting on a successful event
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently
- Able to multi-task and manage change positively and productively
- Excellent communication and collaborative interpersonal skills
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.