Onward Search has an exciting opportunity for an Event Manager with an innovative semiconductor company!
This is a contract-to-hire role, 40 hrs/wk onsite in San Jose, CA.
This person should have a strong background with high tech trade shows, conferences, events, with a passion for driving success. This person will support customer and partner success through the design and delivery of exceptional company events. The ideal candidate will bring both strategic and detail-oriented execution skills to drive high-impact events. The position reports to the US Events Manager. The position has working relationships with, but not limited: Worldwide Event Team, Corporate Marketing, Accounting, Legal, Finance, Engineering, IT, as well as external service providers
- Responsible for managing and implementing events and multifaceted projects including industry trade shows, special events, webinars, and conferences
- Extensive knowledge in tradeshow project management is essential; from strategy, messaging, design, logistics, vendor management, budget, onsite execution to post-event analysis
- Event Manager will be expected to contribute to the strategic development by identifying, presenting and working in support of internal stakeholder program objectives and evaluate results against goals with recommendations for improvement
- Evaluate event performance, including lead and ROI tracking and deliver wrap-up reports
- Manage teams, suppliers and other contributors through effective project management & collaboration to exceptional levels of execution of all assigned deliverables – on schedule and within budget
- BS/BA in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 5-8+ years of high-tech global marketing and events management and operations. Ideally for a pharma or high-tech tech company in either hardware, software, or machinery
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; experience developing strong working relationships with internal partners, third party vendors, and customers
- Ability to interface seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent collaboration skills, culturally sensitive, can adjusts communication style to various audiences)
- Ability to travel to event location specific to each program assigned
- Demonstrate event planning and event management best practices
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and track record of successful execution of multiple events with competing priorities
- Exceptional program, project, and time management skills – highly organized, detail focused, results-driven, accountable with the ability to handle stress and last-minute, urgent requests
- Consultative approach to questions, concerns and issues
- Excellent budgeting, negotiation and vendor management skills
- Familiarity with online and social marketing strategies and tactics
- Proven experience leading by example (exhibiting integrity, enthusiasm, and commitment to results) and fostering collaboration
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.