Our client, a leading FinTech startup in downtown San Jose is looking for an Event Marketing Specialist for a temp to perm, 40 hrs/wk onsite opportunity.
The responsibility of the Marketing Events Specialist will be primarily responsible for providing strategy, planning, and tactical support for all our tradeshows and events that promote our products, enhance our brand value, generate leads, and develop industry relationships. You are also responsible for tracking event performance metrics and marketing costs. In addition, you will help coordinate our customer recognition program.
- Drive all event planning process, manage and coordinate sales and marketing requirements through all phases: pre, during and post events
- Work cross-functionally to coordinate all marketing events
- Research, identify and implement opportunities for events.
- Plan, secure, coordinate, organize and arrange all facets of the event, including cost projections and vendor negotiations
- Hands-on packing/organizing of materials, prep, and coordination of shipping and receiving materials
- Book and coordinate venue and accommodations
- Coordinate staffing requirements and staff briefings
- Coordinate and implement customer recognition program – proactively reach out to clients when they meet criteria for the program
- Track all customer recognition activity in Salesforce
- Work with vendors to produce and sent out recognition plaque to clients
- Provide program reporting and analysis as needed
- Traveling nationally about 30% of the time for tradeshows and events
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, specializing in marketing or business, preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in event coordination or marketing program
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment or startup setting
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with a marketing automation system, including Salesforce. Eloqua and Ready Talk a plus
- Results-driven person with strong problem solving and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly collaborative work style
- Roll-up your sleeves attitude, embrace everything and anything involved in putting on a successful event
Apply today to learn more about this opportunity today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.