Our client is seeking a consultant to fill a mid-level, Event Strategy role to support a client's in-house team to plan their large-scale, annual customer conference. The purpose is a blend of event marketing and content strategy. This is not an event planning or logistics position.
- Support event agenda development, speaker strategy and recruitment and management of audience-specific sub-programs that take place concurrently with the main conference event
- Evaluate requests for new activities/programs that come via the client’s internal teams and help design their presence at the annual conference
- Prepare event recommendations and content /agenda concepts and speaker recommendations for senior-level executives
- Provide support to event strategy lead consultant on content, messaging and creative strategy for keynotes scheduled at the event
- Provide general project coordination support for the keynote content process (includes preparing presentations summarizing content recommendations, scheduling rehearsals, etc.)
- Manage interaction with external and speakers from client organization, including preparing speaker briefing materials; logistics support, rehearsals, etc.
- Manage the scheduling of internal client speakers and external speakers across numerous programs using the client’s in-house scheduling tool
- Participate in customer speaker engagement meetings led by the client to represent customer presenters across programs managed
- Prepare presentations and other materials and assets, website content, etc. as needed to support both the external marketing plan and internal communications about the event
- Match content strategy with event goals, create and track measurements and metrics including event surveys
- Prepare final reports for specific areas of program responsibility (keynotes, audience-specific programs, etc.) to assess event impact at close of the event
- Manage external relationships (agencies, vendors) where applicable and work with internal teams; creative services, interactive, marketing ops, which support direct efforts and collaborate closely to develop and successfully execute programs
- Comfortable doing project management and related administration includes developing and managing timelines
- Excellent customer/client diplomacy and can coach consensus-oriented teams to decisions
- Strategic thinker, able to translate big concepts into understandable, actionable event plans
- An active writer who can quickly generate content, materials, and presentations
- Natural communicator, excellent presenter and comfortable coaching speakers constructively
- At five years experience developing and managing content, speakers and attendee experience for events/conferences for technology or B2B organizations
- Experience in large-scale conferences (10,000+ attendees) and mid-size conferences (1000 - 5,000 attendees) preferably in a B2B, high-tech, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in marketing, communications or journalism
- Balance of client/agency experience in a relevant event strategy or planning role
- Travel for this position is estimated at approximately 25%, depending on client assignments.
- Experience in digital, social, and mobile technologies, strategies, and tactics.
- Relentlessly resourceful and able to drive projects autonomously, with limited oversight.
- Strong communication skills; ability to clearly explain complex issues to a range of audiences.
- Experience managing teams and cross-functional projects preferred.
- Adept at all business software applications; mastery of Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel and Word. Mac-proficient.
- Tech-savvy, ability to embrace and use cloud-based software tools adeptly.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.