Our client, an entertainment company, is seeking a temp Events Manager to join the team. We're looking for candidates with the following skill set and experience to fill the role.
You will be responsible for:
- Create and plan events that support corporate and group objectives and are based on group best practices
- Research and review current and potential events, conferences, screenings, speaking opportunities, etc. that company could or should be involved with and make recommendations on the value and ROI of potential participation
- With fellow marketing colleagues, organize and produce branding elements, décor, videos, materials, messaging for sponsorships, screenings, speaking opportunities, and other events
- Manage staff and volunteers for events - delegate responsibilities, provide plan and full schedule of events
- Communicate with all levels of stakeholders including Senior Management, Board of Directors, VIPs, investors, senior executives from exhibition, studios, suppliers, agencies, venues and event organizers
- Post-event evaluation & budget; track success and ROI of each event and ensure goals are met, identify areas for improvement
- Attend relevant event & industry conferences, meetings and tradeshows
- Bachelor’s Degree in Event Planning, Marketing, Business, or related field
- 5 years of event planning or industry related experience
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge of the entertainment industry and marketing trends is an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to present, prepare correspondence and review professional documents
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet savvy
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across the company and with outside partners
- Strong business acumen, decision-making ability and the ability to assess, evaluate and recommend business opportunities at an organizational level
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision under pressure in a fast-paced environment meeting challenging deadlines and multiple priorities
- Strong work ethic and ability to work outside customary business hours including evenings and weekends
- A true collaborator and team player to work as part of a greater Marketing Team
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB