Onward Search is hiring an Experiential Designer for a Contract to Perm opportunity with an Agency client located in Buckhead.
The qualified, candidate will have extensive experience in environmental graphics, exterior, and interior signage, wayfinding, print, and social media and bring a successful history of leading projects, working and managing architectural graphics, mapping, dynamic environments, exhibit design, signage, wayfinding systems and themed environments.
Our ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, exemplify a strong work ethic, be able to work quickly and efficiently with solid attention to detail and technical standards, all the while working within branding requirements and project-specific guidelines. You will be a visionary who can communicate design concepts and is passionate about your work. This position offers an exciting opportunity to integrate graphic communication, branding, signage, and wayfinding in fresh and creative ways for high-profile projects.
- Provide expertise in wayfinding and signage strategy, programming and fabrication needs.
- Generate initial design concepts and develop design solutions.
- Conceptualize and integrate environmental graphics into two and three-dimensional built environments.
- Generate detailed drawings and specifications of signage, wayfinding, and thematic elements.
- Manage project scope and schedule to meet the client’s expectation.
- Demonstrate the ability to detail and document all aspects of wayfinding and branded environment packages from concept design through design intent.
- Generating detailed plans, elevations, and sections of signage and brand elements.
- Working with materials, fabrication techniques and signage specifications.
- Generate message schedules and location plans.
- Design & document environmental graphic, signage and wayfinding packages for the interior, exterior, and architecturally based projects up to a design intent level.
- Coordinate custom solutions with fabricators and installers.
- Work on branding concepts and the impact of their integration on the building environment.
- Use skilled visual sense and understanding of typography, composition, multiple media platforms, legibility, standards development, documentation, fabrication, and implementation.
- Confer with clients to determine objectives, budget, background information, and presentation approaches, styles, and techniques.
- Create inspiring, strategic, and innovative ideas.
- Manage own accounts and projects, working within budget and scheduling requirements.
- Present concepts to clients for review and approval.
- Responsible for seeing the idea through the creative process to final sign off.
Applicants will have a solid ability to work within Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite, and knowledge of After Effects, Experience Design, Craft/InVision, Wordpress, HTML/CSS is helpful. Experience & understanding of CAD tools. High-level proficiency in Windows.
- Bachelor Degree in graphic design or related field.
- Minimum 5-10 years of graphic design experience.
- Architecture and interior design firm experience is a significant plus.
- A portfolio demonstrating a wide variety of graphics materials.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through completion within a set deadline.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Able to handle multiple projects with a flexible attitude and ability to adapt to change.
- Experience with managing projects and design teams.
- Experience communicating directly with clients.
- Understanding of architectural scales and drawings.
- Thorough understanding of project process from start to finish.
- Ability to assemble, coordinate and review design intent documents.
- Familiarity with fabrication processes and materials and knowledge of graphics production and fabrication techniques for both interior and exterior applications, with the ability to interpret and manage the shop drawing process.
- Ability to communicate ideas in sketches and renderings. Exceptional skills in Adobe Suite, CAD, and various other visual programming tools to develop two and three-dimensional graphics from blueprints, manual files, and digital files.
- Good team spirit. Can work harmoniously within an interdisciplinary, fast-paced environment both cooperatively and autonomously, to accomplish tasks in the given time frame. Flexible enough to work with interruptions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, proofreading and editing skills. Ability to establish messages, review sign text and layout to ensure effectiveness, accuracy of compliance and final design with established signage standards, design and logos.
- Strong organization, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and have a fearless go-getter attitude.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.