Our client, a mid-sized ad agency in New York City, is in need of a Junior Graphic Designer / Art Director to join their team beginning with a brief freelance trial period. This role starts on-site in NYC immediately.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with a close-knit team of Creative Directors, Designers and Copywriters to execute advertising creative.
- Develop assets across advertising including point of sale, posters, mailer inserts, FSI's, emails, social media, digital and more.
- Develop consumer-facing creative assets through to production design and setting up for pre-press.
- Participate in photoshoots with the Creative Director, Art Director and Photographer.
- Develop videos to be used in social media.
- Create simple layouts to showcase creative work in-situation with the objective of obtaining internal sign-off.
- Hand sketch concepts to bring to life your executional ideas to brief designers.
- Other tasks may apply.
- 1-2 years of ad agency graphic design/art direction experience.
- Expertise in InDesign, Illustrator and especially Photoshop.
- After Effects and motion graphics skills for social.
- Good understanding of production design, pre-press and finalizing files for printing.
- Strong with typography and layout.
- A strong portfolio of your creative work explaining your role in the process.
- Have worked in a high-pace, editorial-like environment with the ability to develop creative at a high-rate.
- Ideally experience in the food industry, could be a blog, magazine or advertising.
- You are a great multi-tasker, able to jump from one project to the next when needed.
- You bring an entrepreneurial attitude to the role, taking ownership of the work from start to end.
Interested? Please apply now!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.