Our client, a live entertainment advertising and marketing agency, is looking for a Wordpress Developer with strong MailChimp experience to join their team for a freelance to hire project, beginning on site in NYC immediately.
What you'll be doing:
- Function as go-between for design and development clarifying and designing responsive wireframes
- Create basic templates, partials and simple WordPress functions
- Slice and build emails from a PSD/Jpeg/Png, etc.
- Code emails from scratch for MailChimp delivery
- Advising on UX best practices to improve and simplify website development
- Support with creative web design tasks as needed
- Help add functions / update existing sites and build new ones
- Other tasks may apply
- 4+ years experience with Wordpress development
- Proficient in all aspects of WordPress
- Capabilities to code MailChimp emails multiple times per week
- Familiarity with establishing DNS settings from purchasing domains to pointing, etc.
- Basic Adobe Suite Design Skills (optimizing images for web, fix things, etc.)
- Can set up and operate with with Google analytics, search console, tag manager
- Can set up new Gsuite email accounts with new domains
- Bonus if you have experience with Advance Custom Fields for Wordpress
- Bonus if you have backend coding ability
- Must have the ability to work with git hub confidently
- Familiar with Accessibility, Performance, SEO, and general best practices
- General browser compatibility - all browsers last 2 versions and IE11
- General server/site security for static and WP sites
- HTML / CSS / JS / PHP
- Familiar with WordPress Engine
- Familiar with Monday or some project management system
- Familiar with Webflow designing and exporting
Please apply with your portfolio
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.