You will maintain and improve a website that gets more than 7 million monthly page views. You’ll grow the company's eCommerce front end, directly touching customers with your changes. This is a critical role as the company's first in house Front End Developer, who they will rely on to not only bolster their team, but be a driving force in bringing their front-end capabilities and experiences forward.
You can expect a very collaborative environment where you will be able to pitch any of your ideas and team up with all departments in the company to create an amazing user experiences. This person will be reporting into the Head of Product.
- Deliver strong code, and communicate frequently and efficiently
- Work with key people across the company to improve and build new experiences for their customers
- Help define user stories and collaborate with back-end developers to build complex features
- Understand the importance of site-speed and its impact on user experience and perception
- Provide recommendations on the best technology to use for the task at hand
- Proficiency in GitHub and Heroku
- Understand the constraints of mobile network bandwidth and how to accommodate high density display
- Bonus points if you have experience with Ruby on Rails 5, Spree/Solidus, Slim template languages, API Specification, e-commerce
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.