Onward Search has a new opportunity with a big client in New York City. This opportunity is for a Front-End Developer that can start immediately onsite at our client’s office. Part of your responsibilities would include writing consistent, reusable code to be leveraged across all new/migrated content pages. If you are interested, apply now!
- Clean up legacy code as part of the migration from old content management system (CMS) to the new one
- Code, test, debug, document, and support content migration
- Create code blocks for build-out of asset components
- Migrate code from legacy CMS to new
- Q/A testing of all assets
- Development of asset components that are ADA compliant
- Ability to hand-code HTML without the use of a WYSIWYG editor or use of a base theme
- Strong understanding of CSS with creating layouts responsive design and flexbox is a must
- Strong knowledge of front-end debugging with browser development tools (Chrome DevTools and Firefox Dev Tools)
- Knowledge of requirements as defined in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act a plus (ADA Compliance Standards)
- Strong understanding of web design principles and best practices as well as information architecture, navigation, and usability principles
- Prior experience using content management systems a plus (e.g., AEM, Oracle, Drupal, WordPress)
- Strong communications skills required to work across teams with varying technical expertise
- Team oriented
- Ability to work independently and with multiple stakeholders on coding and production work
- Ability to multitask effectively and deliver seamlessly under tight timeframes
- Code sample required (Portfolio or Github that sample of work)
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB