We are seeking a Full Stack Engineer to join our client working remotely now, but onsite/hybrid after COVID in Chicago for a contract-to-perm hire engagement.
- Java Spring
- Oracle (moving to postgres)
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Cloud Native on AKS
- Extreme Programming
- Paired Programming
We need someone to hit the ground running right away. Once they have senior people on their team they can consider hiring some college/bootcamp grads. They expect the Engineers to act like they own the product. They need to be proactive, speak up, ask questions and not sit back and wait for others to tell them what to do.
You must be comfortable with the tech stack. And have strong communication and interpersonal skills. We're looking for someone who wants to learn every day.
- Hands-on experience in one or more Typescript front-end frameworks (Angular, React, Vue, etc.).
- Hands-on experience implementing REST services, ideally implemented with Java and SpringBoot
- Some experience in deploying to a cloud platform (Kubernetes, PCF, GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Some experience and familiarity with TDD, in both front-end and back-end technologies
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Some experience and familiarity with agile methodology and pair programming (XP, Scrum).
- Familiar with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Concourse, Bamboo)
- Familiar with maintaining and interacting with databases
- Has current capacity to lead a product or can be coached
- Familiar with software release management tools (Pivotal Tracker, JIRA, Rally)
- Capability to perform, troubleshoot and mentor new vendor resources in all Engineering role requirements
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB