Game Engine Software Engineer
Freelance | Job ID #70267 | $82.93 - $87.28 hourly | Posted 3 weeks ago
Onward Play needs a Game Engine Software Engineer for a remote, 12 month contract opportunity, 40 hours a week, with benefits.
- Develop and maintain new AR/VR interaction experiences and game mechanics.
- Experience and knowledge to optimize game engine infrastructure in terms of memory, frame rate, shader design, and performance.
- Develop and maintain tools surrounding integrated machine learning infrastructure
- Design and develop core tools (UI, I/O modules) into the pipeline.
- Work closely with design, research and other development team members to further develop pipeline and workflows.
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent game development/engine experience
- Strong programming fundamentals.
- 4+ years of game development or engine development experience within the game industry and with at least one AAA game shipped on PC or console
- 4+ years development experience in C#/C++ within Unity and/or Unreal
- Strong knowledge of object oriented design, design patterns, 3D Math, linear algebra vector math and associated data structures.
- Expert knowledge of Unity3D and/or Unreal including GUI, asset bundles and materials/shaders.
- Strong knowledge in 3D graphics development (Particle Systems, Shaders) and performance optimization within game development.
- Experience with shader development in Unity and/or Unreal advantageous
To learn more about this opportunity, apply now and chat with a recruiter today!
What’s in our benefits packages:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Program
- Commuter Benefit
- Education Reimbursement
- Ongoing Training & Development
- *To qualify for our benefits package, you must work over 30 hours per week and the length of assignment must be a minimum of 10 weeks.
At Onward Search, our job is to find you dream jobs.
We are creatives, marketers and digital wizards who use our talents to connect talented people with the nation’s leading brands. And our relationship won’t end with your start date.
More than recruiters, we are your advocates, advisors, and employers of record. We pay weekly, make sure your needs are met, and measure our success by yours. Join us.
DE&I is not just our promise, it’s our passion.
Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment regarding race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
Have talented friends or colleagues in your network looking for their next gig? Refer them to us and earn $500!
Uncover more creative, marketing and tech opportunities at Onwardsearch.com.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
Pay: $82.93 - $87.28 hourly
SHARE THIS JOB
Turn on email alerts for this search