Our client, a video game company, is seeking a Producer to join the Game Production team. We're looking for candidates with the following skillset and experience to fill the role.
You will report to the Gameplay Delivery Lead and be responsible for:
- Work with a team of accomplished developers, producers, and creatives and help connect project deliverables and track tasks with a diverse team and unify production delivery needs across initiatives and crafts.
- Work both independently and in conjunction with each other and you will work to help to keep them organized and on track, aligning them on scope and timing and while facilitating the highest levels of quality and efficient communication.
- Drive the organization and delivery of team’s feature work
- Run day-to-day team production operations
- Creates and maintains clean, up-to-date work backlog
- Facilitates team meetings, discussions, and decisions
- Supports team by removing roadblocks and managing distractions
- Directs and supports team rituals
- Supports planning process
- Cross-functional work planning and gathers accurate estimations
- Velocity tracking on sprint and release basis
- Sprint / milestone commitment tracking
- Dependency / risk tracking
- Quality tracking (bug count, bug velocity, subjective quality post ship)
- Tracks and communicates progress to stakeholders and rest of team
- Tracks work (planned, unplanned, emergent)
- Responsible for stakeholder management and communication
- End-to-end feature delivery tracking
- Define and ensure work meets definition of done
- Update and track against common delivery checklist for shipping
- Ensure team’s work matches overall Project priorities and goals
- Create and Prioritize team backlog
- Lead product discovery incorporating cross-discipline perspectives (such as design, art, and engineering)
- Able to communicate and get stakeholder buy-in on the “why” behind the team’s work
- Responsible for communicating team staffing needs
- Knowledgeable of team workflows to inform staffing needs, estimates, and risks
- Responsible for understanding total required scope for team’s efforts
- Work with Project Leads to determine staffing needs
- Observe and communicate team health insights if gathered to squad leaders as appropriate
- Has shipped games in a production role focusing on tactical delivery, or has related experience with enough context to be familiar and up to speed quickly
- 4+ years experience leading teams through feature development (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support)
- Position is responsible for Jira admin and step-up so experience at the Jira managing level is required
- Experience leading teams through feature development (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support)
- Experience with a live game is a plus
- Experience with gathering information for and creating presentations and sharing information
- Comfort and understanding of various project management methodologies and tools (like agile, scrum, lean, Excel, Google Sheets, and the Confluence suite of tools):
- Proven Leader who has led development endeavors and have a proven track record of creating conditions for success for teams.
- Systemic Solver able to take a holistic systems thinking view of the product development lifecycle and adapt processes accordingly
- Clear decision making and communication making informed and timely decisions, are able to communicate them effectively and walk your teammates through the tradeoffs.
- Keep your finger on a pulse of the details of the delivery with a passion for completion and organization, with an ability to understand the needs of different teams and compassion for their challenges.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB