Onward Search is hiring a Gameplay Engineer on a direct hire basis for a client located in North Atlanta.
*Note: During this unprecedented time, we are looking for individuals who are able and willing to work from home until all restrictions have been lifted in relation to COVID-19. At such time, the position will be located on site.
- Creating and improving networked systems in action games
- Work closely with game designers to create a compelling gameplay experience
- Break-down design goals into smaller technical tasks
- Analyze and refactor code to optimize performance
- Quickly fixing bugs and responding to community feedback
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 2+ years industry experience with minimum one shipped title
- Excellent C++ programming and systems design skills
- Experience with implementing network gameplay, weapons, or physics
- Strong communication skills
Preference to applicants with:
- Significant Unreal Engine experience
- Passion for first person shooters
- Experience developing AI systems in UE4
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB