Our client, a CPG organization with offices in the northern suburbs is seeking a Print Production designer to join their team.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent technical skills with production knowledge, be process driven and pride themselves on creating accurate and consistent designs to meet the needs of the multiple brands of the portfolio. Show extreme attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple projects and meet aggressive timelines.
- Design a wide variety of packaging content supporting marketing initiatives
- Works within established brand guidelines to ensure the consistency across our portfolio of multiple brands
- Produce, correct, preflight and output files for flexographic and digital presses
- Maintain template consistency, accurate records of work performed and file quality for print media
- Ensure consistency of information, file structure and archiving
- Process driven with proven ability to help streamline processes for business growth
- Must be able to handle a number of design projects simultaneously and deliver work on time
- Work quickly and cross functionally, communicating and collaborating directly with the marketing team and partners
- Produce international pieces that maintain the creative integrity of the approved US concept
- Resource for photo-retouching, including color correcting, cropping, resizing, format conversion, background extension, etc
- Assist in planning and implementation of projects
- Collaborate with outside partners including, but not limited to, print vendors, illustrators, photographers & etc.
- 2-3 years of experience in design and prepress production
- Proficient understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and Mac OS
- Ability to prioritize and take initiative
- Strong knowledge of the printing process (flexography), color separations, templates, die lines and layout
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and meeting aggressive timelines
- Organized, strategic and focused approach to executing design concepts with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent proofing skills with an ability to read and apply math functions, including fractions, decimals and percentages
- Advanced typography skills
- Studio photography experience a plus
- Illustration skills a plus
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred Reports To: Art Director
Working Location: Gurnee, Illinois Hours: 7:30am to 4:00pm
Employment Status: Full-Time Travel Required: up to 10%
Weiman® is the most recognized, trusted brand in premium surface care and the #1 choice of consumers who value preserving, protecting and beautifying their homes. Weiman products are available nationwide in mass retailers, supermarkets, hardware stores and home improvement centers under the Weiman®, Goo Gone®, Magic®, Natural Magic®, SCI® (Stone Care International), Gonzo® and OOPS!® brands and are known for their quality, convenience and innovation.
Weiman Healthcare Solutions is a market leader in the development and manufacturing of innovative products for surgical instrument cleaning, disinfection, sterilization and care. Weiman® offers a full spectrum of the highest quality products for the surgical instrument and environmental cleaning, care and disinfection processes that are critical for infection protection in all types of healthcare facilities.
For more information, visit our website at https://weiman.com
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB