Onward Search is looking for a Graphic Designer with experience in product/lifestyle photography and packaging, retail, and CPG design to join our client in the Smyrna/Vinings area of Atlanta for an onsite contract-to-hire opportunity!
- We are looking for an eager and talented graphic designer to support product design, marketing, sales teams, and other company initiatives, specifically for packaging, POS/POP, tradeshow, product photo shoots, and similar print-focused design projects in the DIY, hard goods, home repair, and automotive industries.
- We are currently revamping a number of product lines which requires concepting of new logos, packaging, displays, icons, and merchandising solutions.
- Graphic and product teams are composed of a tight-knit group of unique individuals working closely together, often engaging in joint critiques and design discussions. Collaboration is a key to the success of our company so the ideal candidate for this role must have the ability to mesh with all members of the team and add to the literal and figurative design conversation.
- You will be responsible for supporting creative design for 30+ brands and 1600+ SKUs, so an ability to move quickly from project to project, product to product, and brand to brand is critical.
- This is a small, nimble company and there is no room for ego... everyone on the team is focused simply on getting the job done!
- You MUST have prior experience with product photography and lifestyle shoots, both behind the camera and with retouching and editing those photos.
- Support design efforts across a large scope of practice, including print design, digital design, and other special projects
- Print layout: packaging, displays, advertising, tradeshow booth, and other collateral
- Branding: logo development, brand guidelines, and establishing consistent identity.
- Photography: studio and lifestyle shots as well as image manipulation
- Participate in creative meetings
- Collaborate with other graphic design, product design, and marketing team members.
- Build and maintain our growing file library.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design or related field, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of professional design experience in either an agency or a highly creative corporate environment with a focus on product packaging, POS/POP, CPG, branding/logo design, product photography, and tradeshow/large format design.
- Must be an expert with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and comfortable designing on a PC.
- Prior experience with product photography and lifestyle shoots, both behind the camera and with retouching and editing those photos.
- Prior experience working with large CPG brands preferred.
- Must be highly motivated, entrepreneurial, energetic, and creative with a positive attitude and a willingness to get the job done.
- Creativity, creativity, creativity.
- Stellar work ethic.
- Strong team and communication skills.
- Willingness to take direction, accept constructive and honest criticism, and apply feedback.
- No fear of working quickly under set deadlines.
- Time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at once while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Online or PDF portfolio REQUIRED and must be submitted at time of application. The ideal portfolio will show a variety of products in the DIY, home improvement, or automotive categories (like tools, grills, motorcycles, hardware, batteries, industrial, HVAC, etc.) as well as a couple of softer examples. Work included should be primarily packaging, in-store/retail/POS/POP, large format/tradeshow, sell sheets, logo/branding, or product photography. UI, UX, web, mobile, social, and other forms of digital design not required. Product design samples not required.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.