Our client, a company focused on the modern cooking space, is looking for a highly creative, perm or long-term contract (with potential to go perm) Graphic Designer - Packaging. With a keen eye for detail, you will design, layout, and produce box/packages. You also create user guides and ancillary print material within brand guidelines.
This position is REMOTE, but may need to come into the client’s Mahwah, NJ offices from time to time. The Graphic Designer Packaging report to the client’s Art Director.
- Utilize expert design skills for design, layout, and production of box/package design, user guides and other ancillary print materials within brand guidelines
- Update packaging, user guides and ancillary materials as needed
- Take conceptual direction and work independently, as well as collaboratively with a team
- Articulate and pitch creative ideas to the Art Director and Design team
- Collaborate with team members on projects
- Help with miscellaneous design projects as needed
- 5+ years of experience in a design and production role in package design with proven skills in brand work
- Must have a strong portfolio which shows proficiency and attention to detail in typography, layout, and branding
- Must be fluent with Adobe CC, specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Collaborative work style with excellent interpersonal skills
- Deadline-oriented with exceptional organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to juggle many projects at once
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technical illustration and animation skills
- Editorial design experience. Interest in cooking and/or kitchen appliance
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB