Global Health Company in the Hartford Area is seeking a Hadoop Data Engineer to join them on a Contract-to - possible PERM hire basis.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder.
The Hadoop Data Engineer will support our software developers and database architects initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
- Develops large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs
- Collaborates with other data teams to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into automated processes
- Builds data marts and data models to support Data Science and other internal customers
- Analyzes current information technology environments to identify and assess critical capabilities and recommend solutions
- Experiments with available tools and advises on new tools in order to determine optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the model/use cases
- 3 or more years of progressively complex related experience
- Has strong knowledge of large scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines
- Experience building data transformation and processing solutions
- Knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment
- Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems
- Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources
- Shell Script
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB