Our Boston-based major retail/e-commerce client is seeking to hire a Head of 3D Design Studio on a direct-hire, permanent basis.
This person will lead a team of 100+ artists and must have experience managing a large, fast-paced, production-oriented, technical 3D team. We are looking for someone adept at managing creatives’ careers and aspirations. The Head of 3D Design will also consult and advise on technical road maps and proprietary tool build-outs designed to optimize 3D workflow systems and automated processes, as well as drive both quality and scale. Qualified candidates will be skilled at both change management and inspiring creatives to innovate and execute. We are looking for a proven leader who will continually shape and develop the team’s skillsets based on business goals and manage the group to rely more heavily on automation and process optimizations, which increase both quality and output. This includes oversight of multiple stages of 3D asset creation and driving quality and output, which enable the creation of photo-real assets at increasingly lower costs for multiple cross-functional applications and stakeholders. The work will require headcount planning, goal adaptations, and performance and change management in a fast-paced environment.
This leader’s effectiveness will be critical to the team’s ability to scale and evolve with business needs. Successful applicants will be highly driven, comfortable with constant change, and able to rigorously prioritize work as business needs evolve.
In this role you will:
- Make our client’s 3D Viz department an industry renowned, world-class studio
- Create and execute against department roadmap, driving strategy and evolving the business needs for the 3D team
- Generates buy-in from executive cross-functional stakeholders
- Lead, calibrate, and develop 3D artists of multiple tenures and skills sets, who are responsible for a variety of technical outputs
- A pressure test, vet, and approve technology roadmaps, software, pipeline processes, and tools to meet evolving business goals
- Direct 3D art team output, including the development of systems and best practices for new asset creation and technical capabilities
- Be accountable for output against spend and constantly work to improve cost, turn around time and quality metrics and our working environment
- Work across the company to identify and secure necessary resources to meet aggressive goals
- Collaborate with Creative Directors to ensure quality standards are consistently met on time, on budget and that we are always striving to improve the photorealism and cost metrics of our outputs
- Work with business stakeholders to set, prioritize, manage, and exceed expectations
- Sponsor and develop next-generation technologies; including, but not limited to real-time and motion
- 10+ years managing large groups of technical 3D artists; including driving strategy and headcount planning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; including excellent presentations skills and the ability to readily communicate complex technical issues/concepts to non-technical peers and executives
- Able to mentor teams’ work; including setting priorities and thinking outside of the box for unconventional solutions to large scale challenges
- Able to build relationships at all levels in the organization and translate and advocate for technical needs onto other team’s roadmaps and priority lists.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to work successfully within and across teams
- Self-motivated and proactive. Makes sound business decisions even when faced with ambiguity and competing priorities
- A keen eye for talent, able to mentor and develop strong technical artists and creatives
- Knowledge of 3DS Max and V-ray is ideal, but it's not required
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB