Our client, a leading services provider, is rapidly growing their technology team and is looking to hire a Head of Technology to lead a group of Tech Leads, Full Stack Developers, Scrum Masters and DevOps Engineers. This role begins immediately on-site in NYC.
- Drive the vision and lead the team through development and implementation of tech solutions for customer-facing products
- Design and develop the technological architecture that will be utilized by the team
- Create and foster a strong team environment that drives innovation and supports the exploration of new ideas and technologies
- Partner with Product leaders to align common goals and develop a roadmap to deliver best in class products
- Develop roadmaps to the software engineering team to implement code
- Lead the engineering and product teams on technology strategy, supporting the education and development of your groups
- Act both in a leadership as well as hands-on leader that is responsible for the products' technical design
- Engage in coding projects to remove barriers and help the team arrive at solutions quicker
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve the team's thinking and problem solving
- Develop and reuse tested and successful components across business challenges
- Other tasks may be required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science of Engineering
- 8+ years of working experience in relevant positions
- Experience working with various tech stacks, architecture and multiple technologies
- Have worked with multiple Cloud Service providers
- Proven ability to determine the opportunities and issues presented by key business challenges
- Experience building strong technology teams
- Expertise with Agile issues and are able to perform root cause analysis
- Able to synthesize highly complex information for the purposes of guiding key stakeholders to informed desicions
- Excited to coach and mentor more junior team members so that every succeeds
- A valid driver's license is required
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.