Permanent | Job ID #72510 | $125,000 - $140,000 yearly | Posted 3 weeks ago
We are hiring for a Manager of Photography! This is a direct hire position based in Detroit.
This is a true management position, so you must have experience managing multiple photographers, videographers, or creatives and keeping them accountable for quality and production expectations. You will also be a hands-on manager, getting in the field with your team on occasion or as needed.
The salary for this position is $125,000 - $140,000, and there is annual bonus potential.
You must live in the Detroit area already to be considered, or you would need to relocate in under 4 weeks at your own expense if you are not local.
Manager of Photography Responsibilities:
- You will help lead and manager a photography team of 6 to 10
- You will have regular daily team meetings to go over production and specific projects
- You will maintain and uphold best practices with all areas – shooting, editing, scheduling, client interaction, etc.
- You will oversee image quality to assure everything is within the required standards
- You will coach photographers and the team in areas that need attention and promote areas that are going well
- You will develop professional personnel action plans to help your direct team members succeed
- You will handle team learning and training to help them stay competitive and current in the field in regards to processes, techniques, and tech
- You will have monthly travel within the city and region, and travel 4 times per year to the headquarters on the east coast
Manager of Photography Requirements:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree
- Must have 5+ years of personnel management of 6 or more employees that have been direct reports
- Must have experience coaching and developing direct reports held accountable to certain production metrics
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and common tools including Word, Excel, and Outlook specifically
- Must have great communication skills to speak to a wide range of people internally and externally stakeholders
- Experience with photography and / or drone videography is a huge plus