Onward Search is looking for an Industrial Designer with experience in soft goods product design to join our client in Atlanta! This is an onsite, direct hire opportunity.
PLEASE NOTE: While this role sits onsite in Atlanta, candidates from outside of that market who meet the qualifications and are willing to relocate to Atlanta are encouraged to apply. Remote candidates will NOT be considered.
- The Industrial Designer is a fast-paced and rewarding product development role responsible for creating, maintaining, and executing the design of innovative products in the fashion and accessory space.
- The employee will conduct research, conceptualize, prototype, and refine concepts into real-world products that meet given criteria.
- Please note: this is NOT a CAD Modeling/Engineer role, although CAD experience is helpful.
- Create and execute designs for consumer product goods focusing on soft goods, not electronics or “engineered” hard goods.
- Use sketching and visual rendering skills to develop and design new products and concepts.
- Produce innovative product designs and supporting material to communicate ideas to internal teams, clients, and factories.
- Develop and design product concepts against pricing, design, and brand specifications.
- Review prototype specs against initial designs and recommend changes.
- Take consumer insights to create compelling, innovative, and commercially viable products.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive products
- Participate in and help lead creative meetings
- Collaborate with other graphic design, product design, and marketing team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Product Design, or similar field.
- 2-6 years of professional industrial design experience in either an agency or a highly creative corporate environment with a focus on soft goods product design.
- Expert-level skills with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
- Experience in model making and a working knowledge of prototyping is a plus
- Experience in Rhino, SolidWorks or similar CAD programs preferred but not required.
- Experience hand sketching and illustrating designs, patterns, and products strongly preferred.
- Must have a functional and practical understanding of the products being designed.
- Prior experience working with large CPG or fashion brands preferred.
- Must be highly motivated, entrepreneurial, energetic, and creative with a positive attitude and a willingness to get the job done.
- Creativity, creativity, creativity.
- Stellar work ethic.
- Strong team and communication skills.
- Willingness to take direction, accept constructive and honest criticism, and apply feedback.
- No fear of working quickly under set deadlines.
- Time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at once while meeting deadlines.
- Fanatical attention to detail.
- Online or PDF portfolio REQUIRED and must be submitted at the time of application. The ideal portfolio will showcase a variety of products in the fashion or fashion accessory category.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.