Onward Search is looking for a UX Designer/ Interaction Designer for one of our Premier clients sitting in NYC on a contract basis. This person is an Interaction Designer & Information Architect that can create superb user experiences.
Necessary Strategic Capabilities:
- Identify and empathize with customer needs, motivations & behaviors – and let those inform design decisions
- Work well with business analysts and successfully incorporate business requirements/goals into customer-centered experiences
- Analyze user research findings and solve for pain points with better experience design
- Advocate for the transformed UX Brand & Process, providing guidance to project owners, vendors, other UX teams across the organization as needed
- Collaborate productively with design and technical staff as a key member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrate strong self-management skills and envision solutions for anticipated challenges
- Keep current on UX trends and philosophies to bring energy and fresh approaches to each project
- Work with other designers to create and iterate concepts on short Agile timelines
- Minimum 2+ years of user interface design experience with knowledge of information design principles & methodology
- Demonstrated experience working on Mobile-First/Responsive UI, including mobile apps
- Basic understanding of current Web languages and frameworks
- Demonstrated experience using web analytics to inform design decisions
- Detail-oriented, with highly-developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience working with Dev/QA staff and vendors to ensure proper implementation and testing of features and functions
- Experience with delivering great work in an Agile environment
- Well-developed skills in creating and documenting all aspects of responsive UX design, including these deliverables:
- Rough layouts, storyboards, wireframes, clickable prototypes
- High fidelity visual design + branding (style guides)
- Functional specs (interaction annotations)
- Customer journey maps, task analysis, personas
- Information architecture (site maps and navigation)
- User research: preparing prototypes, conducting testing, analyzing findings
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as:
- Design: Sketch, Zeplin, XD. Adobe Suite
- Prototyping: XD, Invision, Axure, Webflow or similar
Apply now to learn more!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.