Onward Search has an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Program Manager with our client, a leading interactive entertainment software company.
As an Infrastructure Program Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of assigned Infrastructure-related Programs/Projects, which include ownership, and oversight of assigned programs / projects, understanding, and evangelizing Strategic Context to all project stakeholders; direction setting, leadership and overall coordination of project team members; monitoring, and maintaining project execution plans, resource plans, and project budgets ensuring timely project delivery while meeting defined quality standards.
This is a year-long, onsite, contract opportunity located on the Peninsula that kicks-off mid-July.
- Project Delivery: Manages the project lifecycle by the PMO methodology, paying careful attention to project scope and objectives (change management), detailed project timelines, resource plans, and budget consumption. Monitors internal and external dependencies between related projects.
- Performs value/benefit realization analysis; Issue & Risk Management: leads identification and resolution of risks and issues, including escalation management when required.
- Project Reporting/Communications: Reports the status and progress of programs and projects to the PMO, project team and Stakeholders. Provides periodic program health assessments.
- Financial Management: Oversees various administrative activities that maintain financial compliance, and tracks and reports on the budget and ROI.
- Quality Management: Ensures Quality standards and procedures are defined/identified and adhered to for all projects. Conducts limited project phase reviews throughout the lifecycle of project.
- Team Management: Ensures project teams are effective (working model, trained, etc.). Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage external and internal resources as “one team” to deliver initiatives. Facilitates collaboration among teams in the global environment. Facilitates collaboration among project managers within the program, ensuring visibility into their mutual dependencies.
- 6-8 years relevant of project/program management and infrastructure experience.
- The background should also include experience in online/internet related technologies, experience with public cloud service offerings, preferably AWS and infrastructure experience (exposure to any of the following: eCommerce, Networking, Security, Systems Administration, Database Administration, Storage, Data Center related technologies).
- Experience with project management tools (i.e., JIRA, Atlassian, Confluence, etc.).
- Experience managing geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups.
- Experience in working with Outside Service Providers.
- Ability to translate business issues into system solutions, with a demonstrated proficiency in evolving and managing systems development.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills: detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-direct and manage large teams.
- BS in Computer Science or comparable technical degree is a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.