Our client, a top financial company located in IRVINE, CA is looking to hire a Senior INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER for a 6-month assignment. This person will be responsible for designing sales training that will be delivered by a subject matter expert. They will design sales training curricula and programs with a focus on objection handling, sales process, and methodologies, selling models, and sales positioning. The ideal candidate will have familiarity and experience in the technology used by the industry to design and develop sales curricula and lead projects for sales development.
Responsibilities, Skills, and Experience required:
- Develops SalesForce Development curricula and programs
- Develops and creates learning curricula and programs based on identified business and sales needs and using various delivery modes (e.g., instructor-led sessions, eLearning and performance support tools).
- Packages and evaluates curriculum plan/design for effectiveness. Works with subject matter experts to align with business needs.
- Manages projects by scoping, estimating, identifying resources, providing status updates and mitigating risk.
- Builds a prototype of learning. Collaborates with subject matter experts to validate the information.
- Works with client groups to ensure effective program implementation and ongoing maintenance.
- Program/project consulting
- Partners with appropriate business leaders, managers, and SMEs and conducts discovery sessions including analysis of performance issues and process improvement.
- Identifies training needs and designs implementation plans.
- It provides a roadmap of learning development. Identifies expectations, new processes and curriculum materials needed.
- Oversees training packaging to ensure adoption by target audiences.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of sales training, adult learning practices, and instructional design.
- Experiences with sales methodologies (Miller-Heiman, Richardson, and SPIN).
- Familiar with sales roles and sales competency models
- Experience with business technical areas such as financial services, retirement planning, advisory, insurance, intermediaries and/or similar.
- Expert at using Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint), Must be able to use existing templates and follow an established style guide.
- Experience using Articulate 360 recommended, but not required.
- 5 years plus experience in instructional design and development with an emphasis on sales training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or related subject is required.
- Effective English communications, written, verbal, and presentation.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB