Onward Search is looking for an experienced Instructional Designer to join our client in the Education space! This year long contract needs someone who is ideas-driven to design and develop effective learning and practicing experiences, comes from a training background, and is experienced developing systems and workflow training. Other responsibilities include developing objectives, rewriting and reshaping content, and developing assessments. A successful Instructional Designer should have a firm grasp of how people learn, and excellent web design, writing, communication and collaboration skills. Ideally, the perfect candidate should also have experience in managing projects and a working knowledge of basic graphic design.
- Ensure content matches established objectives
- Reshape content for changing needs
- Structure content and activities for optimizing learning
- Creating student guides, training manuals and facilitator guides
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- Set instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- BS or MA degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or similar relevant field
- 3-6 years working experience in Instructional Design required
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB