Onward Search is looking for an experienced Instructional Designer to join our client in the Financial space! This 6 month long contract will sit in Rhode Island, and is responsible for providing business appropriate learning recommendations founded in adult learning and neuroscience, to design and develop training innovative and blended learning solutions to meet the desired objectives. The ISD provides thought leadership, and engages with subject matter experts and learners to co-design a learning experience, using a combination of learning channels and modalities to drive skill acquisition and behavior adoption.
The ISD is responsible for ensuring the end to end learning experience is targeted to the learning audience, and is responsible for architecting the modern, adult learning journey solution by identifying both facilitated (Virtual Instructor Led Training, Live Webinar/Virtual Led Training, Peer Mentoring, OTJ Coaching) and non-facilitated interactions (Video/Audio, Self-Paced, , Branched eLearning, Job Aides, Knowledge Management Articles, Pod Casts, Decision eLearning, Gamification) within the initiative scope.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing need assessments to determine needs and making appropriate recommendations for design of new curriculums or enhancements of current curriculums to meet needs
- Developing assessments, and evaluations methods for all curriculums to determine effectiveness
- Analyzing sessions, assessments and evaluations to identify any performance gaps in training curriculums
- Making appropriate design enhancements and/or recommendations to training curriculums based on analysis
- Performing front-end analysis by comparing actual and ideal performance levels in the workplace; identifying opportunities and strategies for performance improvement through training design and curriculums
- Familiarity working in an agile operating model
- Participating in business related meetings as requested or required
- 3 or more years of experience with demonstrated understanding of the theories, techniques, and appropriate applications of training interventions used for performance improvement and experience meeting training needs of business
- Demonstrated portfolio of learning experience designs and solutions with measurable results
- Demonstrated ability to educate, communicate, negotiate, and influence with all levels of management to produce outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and facilitate effectively in order to manage multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Driven, focused, and oriented to the functional design
- Strong communication skills (verbal, nonverbal and written)
- Savvy with software used as part of instructional design process (ex. Authoring tools, Articulate Storyline, CS6 Design Applications (Photoshop, Illustrator), iStock, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access), Quizmaker, SharePoint, Smartsheet, SNAP, SnagIt, WebEx, WIDS)
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB