Our client, a video game company, is seeking an Instructional Designer to join the team. We're looking for candidates with the following skillset and experience to fill the role.
You will report to the L&D Manager and be responsible to:
- Work with SMEs, and create learning materials as assigned.
- Design learning experiences at high proficiency in several modalities (classroom, virtual, eLearning, MOOCs, etc) that address skill and knowledge gaps and reflect learning theory and a variety of techniques and approaches to ensure the quality of instruction.
- Strong elearning development skills utilizing tools such as Articulate 360 and Vyond.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) within People and across departments to define and design classroom learning experiences and self-directed resources
- Present and facilitate difficult classroom experiences, with challenging content. Known for unifying and focusing a room to gain buy-in and consensus on highly contentious subjects while keeping participants engaged and supported.
- Use a variety of techniques and approaches to ensure the quality of instruction. Connects learning programs to individual or team performance.
- 5-7 years of learning and development experience (design, elearning development, facilitation)
- University degree (BA/BS)
- Appropriate balance of subject matter expertise and pragmatism of how to apply theory in a business environment
- Comfort navigating ambiguity and adapting to shifting priorities while driving impactful results
- Ability to build deep relationships and effectively partner cross-functionally and globally
Proven track record of juggling multiple work streams while achieving great results
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills; ability to synthesize and present complex insights and recommendations clearly
- Experience in a similar role at a fast-growing tech company or other similar company
- Strong video development skills (Vyond)
- Graphic Design skills
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB