Onward Search is hiring an Instructional Writer on a contract basis for global music streaming company. This is a 6-month contract that has the potential for extension
Our client is looking for an Instructional Writer to join its Customer Education team, writing agency-focused educational material for e-learning courses for their Advertising Academy. In this role, you will be responsible for writing content for our branded e-learning program, partnering closely with our SMB Instructional Writer and agency/enterprise subject matter experts in drafting copy on the usage and benefits of digital audio advertising. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience writing successful e-learning content for global and large-scale audiences that is easy to understand, intuitive, and brand-specific. This is an excellent opportunity to join a new and growing team and have a high impact on our business!
- Write and maintain end-to-end course content for agency and enterprise audiences, coordinating and implementing feedback from the Customer Education team, leadership, subject matter experts, and other stakeholders.
- Host kickoff and interviews with agency subject matter experts across the business to gather, document, and synthesize knowledge to be incorporated into educational offerings.
- Work closely with the Content Manager, Customer Education, and agency sales leaders to organize course frameworks and content by learning theory.
- Work with Content Manager, Customer Education, and subject matter experts to ensure course content is accurate, engaging, and interactive, maintaining communication during the development for updates or changes.
- Ensure all course content is free from errors (with spelling, grammar, and company terminology) and abides by our brand identity guidelines.
- Collaborate with the external vendor in e-learning course formatting and design, coordinating with the relevant parties to provide all necessary assets (visual, audio, etc.) needed for each build.
- 2+ years of experience in curriculum development and writing.
- 2+ years of experience with writing and editing for a major brand is a huge plus.
- 2+ years of experience in developing content for large agency or enterprise customers is a huge plus.
- Excellent command of the English language, especially the rules of spelling, grammar, punctuation, diction, syntax, etc.
- Experience with digital advertising is a huge plus, preferably for a platform.
- Knowledge and understanding of the latest adult e-learning best practices including accessibility, inclusivity, and learning styles.
- Experience working cross-functionally across Marketing, Sales, Product, and User Experience teams.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback on content development with stakeholders.
- High attention to detail and ability to articulate new concepts to beginners.
- Passion for helping agencies and enterprise businesses get started with the company’s Advertising’s unique ad formats, self-serve platform, and education program.
- Experience working across multiple markets or languages is a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply today