Our client, a nationally recognized brand with headquarters in Chicago, is seeking a senior Interaction Designer to join their growing UX team.
In this role, you will be responsible for balancing business and product requirements, making sure to consider market analysis, user feedback, site metrics, and usability findings to create purposeful content organization and design simplified experiences for an ecommerce site.
- Participate in user research planning and execution to identify user needs, goals, and preferences, and collect feedback to incorporate into deliverables
- Create user scenarios to develop process and user flows
- Lead the delivery of concepts on paper, wireframes or detailed prototypes to communicate solutions and test with users
- Lead the development of design specifications and standards in the form of journeys, storyboards, site maps, wireframes, and prototypes to ensure the digital experience flows seamlessly from one step to the next and clearly communicates the information architecture and intended interaction behaviors
- Ability to navigate and facilitate conversations with various stakeholders
- Present designs to product teams and stakeholders in a meaningful way that shares the vision and goals of the designs and clearly articulates design decisions
- Work closely with developers to ensure technical feasibility and quality of design execution, and collaborate on alternative solutions when scope or technical implementation challenges arise
- Participate as needed in QA testing, providing clear descriptions of issues and opportunities
- Work with analytics team to determine post launch success metrics and use the collected data to suggest improvements
- Help to create and maintain our pattern library, design system, documentation and templates
- Work in iterative processes, including agile and lean methodologies
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in information architecture and/or interaction design, creating digital solutions for complex web and mobile applications
- Excellent portfolio showcasing information architecture and interaction design artifacts for desktop and mobile devices; candidate will be required to show a few projects from conception to completion, talk through their process, and the role they played
- Strong communication and presentation skills, self-motivated with the ability to work with a team and independently and able to perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
- Proficiency in wireframing and prototyping tools (i.e. Axure, Omnigraffle etc.)
- Experience working on an agile team
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Interactive Design or other design-related field or equivalent work experience
- E-commerce experience preferred
- Experience with user research, usability testing and site analytics is a plus
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB