Onward Search is hiring an IT Business Analyst on an 9-month contract basis for a client located Downtown Atlanta
- This is a W2 contract role that will run until the end of the year and the extend year over year thereafter.
- Must be local to Atlanta. Will be expected to be on-site in Atlanta after COVID-19.
- This is a full-time (40-hours a week) opportunity.
- Benefits are available through Onward Search throughout the life of the engagement.
You will work alongside other business analysts and report directly to the Business Analyst Manager. Your main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and performing user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs requirements gatherings, design and code walkthroughs/reviews as requested.
- Verifies that system requirements are traceable, consistent, complete, and testable.
- Writes checklist to track all components involved in application changes.
- Verifies that software applications perform in accordance with system requirements and specifications.
- Writes and maintains test plans based on software requirements and design documents.
- Recommends corrective action to ensure compliance with test plans.
- Tests software applications for concrete, consistent, observable results.
- Verifies function, performance, integration, and acceptance test results are in accordance with application and departmental standards.
- Measures the severity of failures and defects in accordance with test plan guidelines.
- Accurately and thoroughly documents application performance failures and defects during each quality review session.
- Clearly and accurately communicates test results to programming staff and/or appropriate management staff.
- Regularly enters issues/defects related to the test life cycle or change control environment into applicable tracking system.
- Updates applicable tracking system with problem solutions and status.
- Acts as liaison for application groups and external agencies.
- Assists users in developing test plans, test scripts, and implementation plans as requested.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive documentation on all standards and ensures that the information is appropriately published and distributed.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or specialized training.
- 5 years' experience as an IT Business Analyst (requirements gathering, business process mapping, testing, quality assurance and the performance of change management functions).
- Intermediate level knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Knowledgeable of Medicaid subject matter.
- Experience in projects utilizing AWS (Amazon Web Services).
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience leading and developing top performing teams.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB