Onward Search is hiring an IT Business Analyst on a 7-month ON-SITE contract basis with a government client with offices in downtown, Atlanta.
- MUST be able to work a W2 contract role
- Due to the essential nature of the work to be performed, this position REQUIRES the selected candidate to work ONSITE for the duration of the assignment. Candidates WILL NOT be permitted to work remotely
- This is a full-time (40-hours a week) opportunity
- Benefits are available through Onward Search throughout the life of the engagement
The Business Analyst will support the $TARS Application within the Office of Information Technology and will be responsible for interfacing with the Office of Child Support Services to review requirements, lead JAD sessions, schedule meetings, prepare test plans, and create system requirement documents for use by system analyst to produce detail design documents for specific projects.
- Writes and maintains test plans based on software requirements and design documents
- Participates in the development of change control standards and procedures that appropriately fit the needs of the technical team and updates these procedures as the needs change
- Verifies that system requirements are traceable, consistent, complete, and testable
- Writes checklist to track all components involved in application changes
- Performs requirements, design and code walk through /reviews as requested
- Recommends corrective action to ensure compliance with test plans
- Develops and maintains comprehensive documentation on all standards and ensures that the information is appropriately published and distributed
- Verifies that software applications perform in accordance with system requirements and specifications
- Tests software applications for concrete, consistent, observable results
- Tests new change control and testing tools to ensure proper installation and maintenance and to measure tool performance
- Verifies function, performance, integration, and acceptance test results are in accordance with application and departmental standards
- Measures the severity of failures and defects in accordance with test plan guidelines.
- Accurately and thoroughly documents application performance failures and defects during each quality review session
- Clearly and accurately communicates test results to programming staff and/or appropriate management staff
- Regularly enters issues/defects related to the test life cycle or change control environment into applicable tracking system
- Updates applicable tracking system with problem solutions and status
- Conducts testing meetings, as necessary, for problems encountered during the test life cycle
- Acts as liaison for application groups and external agencies
- Assists users in developing test plans, test scripts, and implementation plans as requested
- Provides reports showing status and activity in the change control environment to technical teams and appropriate management staff
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field (Required)
- Five (5) years of experience as an IT Business Analyst: requirements gathering, business process mapping (Required 5 Years)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Testing methodology and practices.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and SharePoint (Required 3 Years)
- Must have excellent customer service skills with strong decision-making capabilities
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience with Health and Human Services Systems (Highly desired)
- Previous experience in state government (Highly desired)
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB